We are pleased to announce a brand new community project for the Edmonton Avenue Allotments in Kingstanding (suppliers of the produce for the Kingstanding Food Community Cafe). Edmonton Avenue Allotments are a set of 6 allotments managed by a variety of volunteers. The produce made goes to volunteers and to the Kingstanding Food Community Cafe (a volunteer led cafe) in the Kingstanding Wellbeing Centre.
We will be receiving a new compost toilet made to order on 21st august 2017 at the allotments. We will then be installing the toilet and some minor modifications including disability handrails where possible, solar powered LED lighting and security features.
We are then inviting all volunteers NEW OR NOT to pop by the allotments on THURSDAY 20th AUGUST 2017 to help paint the toilet and let us know what you think. So please do drop by between 10am and 1pm at the allotments.
You can visit the allotments anytime – not just when we get the toilet! If you want to come say hi please visit between 10am and 1pm Monday or Thursday.
View the project gallery here: Compost Toilet Community Project
- 21st August 2017 – The toilet has arrived!
- 24th August 2017 – Modifications and adjusments made including solar lighting and disability handrail.
- 24th August 2017 – Painting day went really well with lots of volunteers, kids and other allotmenteers joining in!
- 31st August 2017 – BBQ party day at the allotments (Earth oven & Alan loaned from Forest Schools Birmingham) Great turnout and raised £25 for the upkeep of the toilet supplies!
- 2nd September 2017 – Ran a second raffle for the toilet supplies and gained a further £36! Total for the toilet now being £61.